Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Ask 9th Wonder a question.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=4459&mesg_id=4651
4651, RE: Ask 9th Wonder a question.
Posted by shanilovemusic, Tue Feb-24-04 07:14 AM
Hey. Just want to congratulate you, LB and JL for putting out the best music you can. My question is...do you know of any female producers in the industry who you could say were on the same levels as some of the big names(Yourself, Primer, Ge-ology, The RZA, Pete Rock, Alchemist, Jay Dee, Madlib, Dr. Dre, etc etc.)? I know this field is pretty male-dominated. The only female producer that stick out in my mind is Missy Elliot right now (I'm sure there are others). Do you have to be an artist first? I know these are alot of questions, but I have been considering becoming a producer and i want different ideas about how to start. I've looked at it from every angle and I know it would be difficult, but I still want to try. I don't even have enough money or space to get all the stuff I need yet. I have this undeniable passion for music and it would be a shame to not test it out. Any advice, questions, comments or ideas you have would be appreciated.

-Peace