Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectwell since dude was responding to my little post in this thread
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=44238&mesg_id=44318
44318, well since dude was responding to my little post in this thread
Posted by temps2020, Wed May-17-06 09:59 AM
at first listen i wasn't feelin it. i don't get into "i don't like how the drums sound", etc. I don't get too technical, i just go for how the track feels to me and if i can get into it. i'm not expecting y'all to go in a certain direction, or use any kind of sound that's on the radio.

you're right, this sounds like nothing on the radio, and that's what I love about y'all, and you still do you despite the criticisms of the past two albums. that said, after many more listens, I really do like the song now. sometimes it takes time to grow on me. at first the thing that was bothering me most was the singing...and its not like i don't want any singing, i just wasn't feeling that, but after more listens it fits the song well. drums kick hard, and as i pay attention to BT's lyrics, i like what he's spittin.

?uest i know you want some bulletproof reasons why some cats don't like this song, but some just hear it and it might not grab them. some get real technical and break the track down to its parts and don't like it, and some want you to conform to something that they want to hear.

anyway, i ain't saying i like it now because you're responding to posts, i just gave it more listens and i'm feeling it. i never look for certain things from artists, if i connect with the song and it sounds good to me than cool.

i'm excited to hear the rest of the album.

Rotating
Wilco - Live in Chicago
PUTS - Stepfather
Tool - 10,000 Days
Ohmega Watts - The Find
LB - Separate But Equal

"everybody gets hated on. a nigga on this board hated on me because I hated him for hatin" Darryl Reeves