Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectso you want us coon?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=44238&mesg_id=44255
44255, so you want us coon?
Posted by 15, Tue May-16-06 04:29 PM
for real...most cats that complain about hip hop today STILL listen and accept the shit they claim to have disdain for in the current marketplace.

and the thing is i dont know vegans that sneak a lil pork chops every now and then. just because you dont purchase "lean with it rock with it" dont mean that shit dont effect your pallette.

that said:

"character". you ask for "character". have you heard the lyrics to this song? what about it screams a busta animated delievery? or some ying yang shit. or even common?

common's character is his most endearing trait. he is a loveable guy that you want to win. you believe in him. he is earnest. he "tries". he is borderline "suthern gentleman" with an east coast wardrobe.

as far as maimona's "cliched" singing, i think it is rather understated than the forced gospelized "dre day" background singing (blue raspberry anyone?) on most hip hop. no i disagree with you. i wanted her shit right in the middle of "gospel" and sade deadpan. listen again.

i dunno...if we come glossy (dont say nothing) you bitch. now we coming rather vintage east coast (and in the age of hyphy/snap music this is considered a risk) you bitching. i think you having personal issues.

we are not gonna "coon" and yes...most of yall who think you dig a certain element of hip hop just for art sake have no clue that yall are falling for the bamboozeled state of hip hop.

and it is cooning not "charachter".

but that is a whole nother argument.

sorry ol chap. this shit bangs.

your turn