Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subject"This Whole World is Cold and Ugly" (c) Mos - Live Ass Show
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=44064&mesg_id=44236
44236, "This Whole World is Cold and Ugly" (c) Mos - Live Ass Show
Posted by jimi, Mon May-22-06 09:28 AM
NY wasn't ready for J'davey, they had the stage jumpin the whole time they was up there and people were lunchin'.

Props to The Roots w/ the marching band, Great Beginning. I saw it at the kimmel center too, but you can't get enough. Slum Village was a surprise. I got really hype when they did 'raise it up', the beat started and here they come running out the stage. Im not gonna lie either, i started looking for Jay Dee when it came on. I love his verse on that song, they all did it and it had that effect like wow.

Angelique Kidjo definitely had me dancing to the drums, she was strong with hers. You couldn't just sit there (you had to dance, sing along or something), at least i couldnt just sit there.

The Roots of course did there thing, the next movement, love of my life, the mic, you got me (i likes this version), hip hop 101, Double Fucking Trouble with Mos Def.

Mos Def, man what can i tell you about dude. He seemed overwhelmed, when he saw the crowd but he did his thing. Double Trouble, Umi Says, The Intro on the New Danger Album, Universal Magnetic, Ms Fat Booty. It was a pleasure to see dude rocking the house.

Slum Village also did Selfish, w Mos Def contributing to the hook. And Fall In Love, might i add was So lovely to hear live

Dave Chapelle describing how he dodged Oprah's questions like the Matrix had me dying and of course his reasons of why he left the show and why how he wants us all to "Never Leave Him" was also hilarious. You know what he came at a perfect time because I haven't sat down yet since The Roots started marching down the aisle

Another surprise, Bilal, He always does his thing and he was a great addition to the show. Sometimes and the Radiohead cover, btw He blew that shit away, all good.

Erykah, Erykah, what can i tell you. Sexy as usual. Block on lock, the glock's on cock and you KNOW that you got me, what a combination.

J'Davey, shorty in them little ass shorts, *Two Thumbs Up*. I saw her walking up the aisle with another okp (FE), I was ready to snatch her ass up. but naw, I like her performance, well their performance, i keep forgeting about dude on the keyboard. If i wasn't so tired already (mind you the show just started not too long ago), I would have been jumping the whole time she was on. She is... whats the word... Lively. Why didn't they do "NO MORE", i was kinda sad about that but i couldn't complain.

My name is Hov, H to Oh Vee, Yes I surprised to see Mr presidente in the show but like fwmj said, I was quite upset that the crowd didn't go as apenuts for everybody else. but i could understand, because nobody expected him to come out. I thought kamal was just doing his solo thing, he started playing 'PSA' and im like 'yeah kamal, whatever nigga, yeah i know you can play, so what' then BT comes out on some 'ole i would like to introduce to you our next guest' with the song is still on, when i saw dude in the hoodie, it was a wrap, I knew who it was but i couldn't believe til he said those first lines. Damn.

Dj Jazzy "there it is!!(C) Run-DMC" Jeff, brought me back when he did his solo. I was drunk too, (I had one big cup of thug passion the whole night), and when that beat came on, I was loose. Them speakers had me in a trance.

Also ?uest drums was feeling extra Boomish, too. Looks like he was having fun, especially when J'Davey was on, It looked as if he was beating his drums with his head.

The Misc: Hub's solo, The horns on the side, Knuckles, Cpt. Kirk showing what he does best.

Awesome Show. ####