Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectfuck.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=44064&mesg_id=44215
44215, fuck.
Posted by andrizzle, Fri May-19-06 04:33 PM
itsall been said. but i gotta say it again.

i've never been so disappointed at a roots concert, ever.

the horrible audience at villanova where people were sittin down when the next movement and the seed came on... that was the one.

but now this tops it.

was it worth 80? fuck yeah, all roots concerts are worth the money.

but even if i went there with 0 expectations, just expecting good ol' roots, that's just what i would've gotten, just what i expected. and i always get more than i expect at a roots concert.

if ur people let u down, why couldn't erykah do just 1 chorus? chappelle make just 1 joke? where the fuck was the respiration reunion? this is just the shit i would've expected, WITHOUT expectations. were we really supposed to believe that we had to buy tickets to BOTH nights to get the full experience we all wanted? cause if that was the case then i would've rather paid $160 for both, or i would've rather just not gone at all.

but what's been said has been said.

roots did a great job
nas is always a pleasure
bdk, never seen him live, so even tho it's 'been done', it was fresh to me. tight.
rahzel was an animal
jazzy jeff got shit poppin
kirk is always fun
hub was nasty
etc. etc. etc.

i'm not mad tho. i'm sad. this show shouldn't have been about "at least..." like the above mentioned. i was plannin on lookin back on this night like as if i was there when the mets took it game 7 @1986, like, "damn, shit like that is NEVER gonna happen again."