Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectto quest
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=44064&mesg_id=44212
44212, to quest
Posted by sherm09, Fri May-19-06 03:45 PM
yeah so--

I understand that we all were hyped for the show for about 2 months now--I know for myself I was looking foward to it a great deal...and I unfourtantley didn't have the privelage of being able to afford both nights so I chose the first cause the headliners were better for what I like

Now i must say--nas ripped it, comm ripped it, kweli was nice, and the roots as a whole did rip it...The music that was performed came out ILL (despite some tech difficulties..and sometimes the show not exactly flowing)

As far as the whole special guest situation...This is coming from someone who was THAT excited about the show due to the special guests that were pretty hyped. I was disappointed that there weren't as many guests as I thought--BUT--i think i speak for everyone Quest when I say we ain't mad at you man...we know this shit wasn't your fault. it's really unfourtanant that your "people" couldn't fuckin show up for you--but that's what happens when you deal with hollywood motha fuckas...and in no way is this a reflection on you--you did not fuck up--you worked your ass off trying to do something for us....and after the show-despite you being noticably upset...you still treated me and my friends with love when we confronted you--and took a picture--as you were about to leave--which shows the type of dude you are

the only thing i'm kickin myself is that I didn't put up another 80 bucks to go with my friends for the second show tonight..cause i know you're gonna kill that shit...good luck--and forget about last night and all your "people" that didn't show up for you..ain't your fault homie

-SHerm