Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectmy heartfelt myspace letter to ?uest:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=44064&mesg_id=44152
44152, my heartfelt myspace letter to ?uest:
Posted by taygravy, Fri May-19-06 09:11 AM
Dear ?uesto:

Sorry to hear about the show, fam....but real talk.....fan to fan, brother to brother, grasshopper to master:

You do it to yoursellllllf, just you.......and that's why it really hurrrts (c) Radiohead

Hip Hop didn't let you down last night. Niggers did. (and yes, I'm using the '-er')

We've had these discussions before, and I've STILL yet to figure out why you keep puttin' faith in unappreciative niggers who don't give a shit about you guys' legacy OR have any real loyalty to you personally.

Me and Pooh woulda loved to rock that shit....and I'm not salty about missing out, because I know how much of a circus that shit is to cram in all those acts (see: Okayplayer Winter Break Tour '04) and truthfully I need the time off with the fam (been touring since Janurary).....

I know LB ain't much of a draw 'cause Minstrel Show did "The Best of Phillip Michael Thomas" numbers and all, but still..... Bottom line is, niggas woulda showed up. And delivered. AND you know this.

From the sound of things, your niggas showed up (Com, Kweli,Skillz, Dave, etc), while the niggERS didn't. And while you didn't name names, I have a vague idea of who summa these niggers may be..

I guess my advice is, a) stop underestimating yourself because y'all niggas got to where you are today on the strength of your own hard work and talent, not "....and SPECIAL GUESTS", and b) stop deluding yourself into thinking that these niggers are 'fans' of your work like that....most likely them niggers are Roots 'fans' just like I'm a D4L fan: cool for what it is and can appreciate it on that level, but let's be real: that shit gets no play in my ride (c) Stacy from 'Menace II Society'.

All I'm sayin is, you know who your niggas are.

Like that journalist said, y'all have the opportunity to pull an upset and fuck the homecoming queen in the quarterback's ride with "Game Theory."

But right now, these niggers got you lookin' like Carrie on prom night.

DON'T let that shit happen again.

DON'T trust them new niggers ova there.

Good luck tonight, my nigga.