Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectnew here.. just visitin.. was at this show.. first time seein the Roots
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=44064&mesg_id=44135
44135, new here.. just visitin.. was at this show.. first time seein the Roots
Posted by The HighLife, Fri May-19-06 04:07 AM
The Roots.. first time seein them.. first off.. 10 minute Bass Guitar solo... i mean c'mon wtf was that.. wtf thats a cue for just get up and leave at any concert... Rahzel with his "IM REALLY DOIN THIS" for 20 minutes... Dj Jazzy Jeff was there.. i love this guy but c'mon couldnt you of picked of your phone and atleast tell The Fresh Prince to come and be a "special guest".. I mean ANYBODY would of been good... Ive seen Big Daddy Kane everywhere to even get excited.. as for the Roots as a whole they were pretty dope.. Black Thought is ridiculous.. Questlove plays the drums.. yes yes he does... maybe its hard to do that and organize such an "extravaganasfdsdaza!".. its just felt like nothin was like it was suppose too..

i was dissapointed..

Talib Kweli.. what 3 songs?? and how u gonna do Definition without the Mighty Mos Def..u got a catalog of other songs i would of love to of heard ... it just didnt work.. even tho Get By was an upper...

Nas.. i met him a year ago at the Fuse telivision studio and he told me his next big NYC show was gonna be free .. and i quote "not like that other New York nigga.. makin u pay this and that just to hear him rhyme"... riiighht ... i would of like to of heard you rhyme a little more durin this show.. what he do 3.. 4 songs?? Lost the beat on World is Yours.. thank god for blackthought to help him out... I can complain about what he didnt play but its just to many to go through...

Common... he definetly was the best... for me alteast.. i never seen his show either and ive heard good things... he just brought it even also with his limited amount of songs he played...

all in all everything just fell short.. We'd watch Nas, Talib, and Common come and go on stage.. I'd reassure myself and my friends that "Oh there definetly comin back out theres no way there endin like that..". It just fell short of what it could of been.. and it could of been alot more.. but what i did learn today is that hype could kill a good thing.. a very good thing infact.. i just hope us thusday people without the friday ticket don't get cheated out of perfection... even though with my luck thats just whats going to happen...