Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: new blog, oh well.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=44064&mesg_id=44128
44128, RE: new blog, oh well.
Posted by drokphrend, Fri May-19-06 03:53 AM
this show was awesome, but not. i went to the show at the kimmel center months ago in philly and that show was more fun than tonite. both shows were in performance hall type venues, but with the show in philly lacking the hype. the crowd didnt get into this one until nas came on stage. the energy of the show was just uneven. why bring erykah and dave out if theyre not gonna perform...such a tease. id rather have not known they were there. where was erykah on 'you got me'; she's enough of a fan to show up, but too much of a diva to do her own song? no respiration? rhymes n ammo? something with kweli and the roots? i feel the worse for skillz, at least bdk got to make up for his lost verse.

i patheticly sat for ten minutes after the roots' exit, while the flocks filed out and dizzle stood on stage signing autographs. I could have sworn there was supposed to be an encore. someone was worried about exceeding the time limit and you close at 10:37? rahzel v. jazzy jeff should have happened. kamal didnt get a solo. u.n.i. verse at war? that would have been my 'wet dream' show. if this had been my first roots show i would have been amazed, but im in the double digits and expectations got the best of me. hasta manana.