Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: here you go
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=44064&mesg_id=44093
44093, RE: here you go
Posted by a kingswife, Fri May-19-06 01:44 PM
From the 2nd Mezz you could clearly see ?uest's frustration.

But...The Roots put on a hot show everytime. F..k the no show special guests, they don't need em. You show me hip hop artists that actually create music that's not been "electronically" created. This group epitomizes the words hip hop artist in every sense. Was I let down yes but not because of the performers. It was the mic issues, the fact that the crowd was sitting while BT was rhyming his ass off and didn't really attempt to move until Braveheart came on. What F..k is that about????????????? Don't go to a Roots show to pose as a hip hope fan. I love Nas but lets be real, Black Thought.......one of most underated MC's if not the biggest.

Common-Dope. yes I said Dope
Kane-I damn near fell from 2nd Mezz to 1st. Could it be my age...this is the music that rocked me then and still does now. He can be at every show and it will NEVER BE PLAYED OUT.
Jazzy Jeff-I LOVE THAT RUN DMC finally gets some recognition at hip hip shows but why did Jam Master Jay have to pass before they did?

Props to him anyway..turntables are essentional for every hip hop show along with wax if you're not playing and instrument.

Most annoying for me..the smoked out white folk (ps I'm white too) that don't know a lick of lyrics unless it had radio play and sat on their asses and straight smoked all night and FAKED THE FUNK!

A Kingswife