Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjecthere you go
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=44064&mesg_id=44091
44091, here you go
Posted by Gangsta Mittens, Fri May-19-06 09:52 AM
Friday, May 19, 2006

Blog 55: No Vaseline
Current mood: disappointed

fuck this rap shit
i listen to classical.
-baatin

im sorry people. that is
all i can say about it.
sorry.

i'm really torn because the key to a victory is never admitting a defeat. but i'm so livid right now i need an outlet to just vent my anger. but im a smart businessman so i don't wanna burn no bridges either.

sigh.

defeat happens to the best of them. and yes i am willing to admit (and im sneaking this blog in much to the dismay of the "dont you go on myspace admitting defeat ahmir" cries of my family)

all night i heard "they never knew the wiser".

but fuck this rap shit. i didn't bust my ass all these years to just "get by" on the most important night of my life.

but that is what it wound up being.

the show i had in my head was a surprise around every corner. remember all that 2 hours and 59 mins talk of these blogs of late? sheeeesh my show was damn near over at 1 hour and 10 mins.

that is short for even ROOTS standards!!!!!!!

the thing is it's an art to pace a show for 3 hours. You gotta keep it 6 steps ahead: you gotta think "who is my weakest performer", "who will have the best responses", "who rambles?", "who has a tendency to stick to the script?", "who will fly off the handle" "best shit in the first 15 mins", "strongest shit in the final 15"---for all of the rep we got for spontaneity our shit is planned to the bone.

the last thing i wanna hear is the shit i heard tonight on my drumset:

or better yet:

me: yo is @..$%$.. here yet?
asst: no.....
me: what the @..$%$..!! what time did @..$%$.. say they were coming?
asst:7!!!!!

that was one scenario.

here is another:

my manager: @..$%$@ said they are not coming to rehearsal
me: huh?!?!?! the hell?!!?!?!
my manager: i spoke to !@..$%@@..$%'s manager and they said "i don't need to rehearse with the roots....they just freestyle i'll just go there and bust a verse and its all good"
me: the FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!??!!?!?!?

between my assistants giving me news of guests not showing up on time (or at all), and the technical problems with the monitors and mics....i have to say to nyc im sorry that you fell victim to the hip hop nation yet again.

i call for help and they let me down