Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Roots & Friends Radio City Music Hall Highlights Post:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=44064&mesg_id=44076
44076, RE: Roots & Friends Radio City Music Hall Highlights Post:
Posted by Idontknow, Thu May-18-06 11:16 PM
Sorry to say this, but this was the worst Roots show I've seen and I've seen many.

The sound was awful, most guests mics were not working at all.

The pace of the show was off.

The show climaxed in the first 30 minutes with Nas' performance. The Roots sounded great at first and it looked like they were poised for another classic performance, but it all fell apart.

Common came out and put so much energy into his set, but the sound and his mic ruined it.

And, where were all these surprise guests promised? We got Common, Talib and Nas, but they were announced.

The only other people to rock were Big Daddy Kane, Mad Skillz and Truck North. Dave Chappelle came out at the end, but he only said a sentence or two about the historic night - nothing else.

Big Daddy Kane came out during Boom and his mic was off for his entire verse. Mad Skillz came out and his mic was off for his whole set.

In all, a really disappointing night. If you have tickets for tomorrow, pray it gets better or sell your tickets now.

I can only imagine that the Roots got stood-up by a bunch of guests and that messed up their set-list and their cues.