Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectso sad
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=44052
44052, so sad
Posted by Jeanius, Sun May-21-06 08:45 AM
Maaaaaaaan..... spammit.

I am so sad to be leaving this here little jaunt of a tour. I've had so much fun as I always do on the road with these amazing guys.

I'm sorry I cut you with the cowbell Ahmir. But in my defense YOUUUUUU told me to get all up on the stage . i was perfectly content playing my friggin cowbell in the shadows. I felt so bad.. well, before i saw the BOO BOO.. i thought it would be like _______________ CONTUSION!!!! but it was - ...

Thanks Common for playing cheese basketball yesterday.. That was fun, I totally beat you and Blind.

"Jean Grae's throwing cheese all over the dressing room floor" radioed in on walkie talkies is a fantastic sentence.

Just thanks to you fine people for having me out here and the fans for being great... well those two club dates were a little scary, but eh.. I been in worse situations.

I will make the "dumb shit that happened" post later when I get to ATL. Right now I have to check out of this hotel room cause it's a 6 hour drive. Also, this room has gotten a little scary with all the beverage containers laying about. No, really.. scary..

Did you like the smoke machine onstage?? I did.

laters..
44053, haha
Posted by Troubled Spirits, Sun May-21-06 10:07 AM
Good shit Jean...I saw y'all in Ft. Lauderdale... first time seeing you, and it was great. It's good to see another artist having so much fun on stage (the way The Roots do)...

The cowbell shit was great. I've seen the Roots do that SNL skit 3 or 4 times already, but it was funny seeing you knock the shit out of the cowbell right in Frank's ear trying to annoy him, haha...

44054, RE: so sad
Posted by Smoke_Eater, Sun May-21-06 11:26 AM
Thank you for doing you thing in Charlotte!! This was the first time I ever saw you live. I have always been a big fan of yours, but now.........I am a HUGE FAN!!! Loved the bottle out the sock!! Loved the soul train line!! And mostly loved the way you had fun and how you were you!! Thanks for staying around after and greeting the crowd!! Take care and please don't stop what you doing!!
44055, *Fist in the air cause I am a 70's baby*
Posted by angiebabe3679, Sun May-21-06 07:14 PM
First time seeing you live and you killed it...

Im glad you all didnt just cancel the show here in Charlotte...
44056, i canNOT wait to see you and bazarro for the 1st time tomorrow
Posted by lazyboi, Sun May-21-06 11:34 AM
literally u are the reason i'm going.

found this ignorant colored ...paid him to tie a tail to his ass & run around half-naked, making monkey sounds....made him eat *bananas* Oh, how the white boys danced that night...& when we slit his throat, u know that fool asked us what he did wrong.
44057, RE: i canNOT wait to see you and bazarro for the 1st time tomorrow
Posted by makaveli, Sun May-21-06 06:58 PM
jean, you are funny. your posts make me laugh.
44058, RE: so sad
Posted by English_3, Sun May-21-06 09:24 PM
Noooo...thank you... for signing an autograph on my back...(Charlotte Show)

Great show
44059, JEEEAAANNNNN
Posted by LondonOKP, Mon May-22-06 07:58 AM
When are you doing a show in England?! We need to see you over here....
44060, AIM!!!!!!
Posted by 15, Mon May-22-06 12:52 PM
please come baaaaaaack!!!
44061, your Charlotte set was amazing
Posted by ginsug, Mon May-22-06 01:44 PM
highlight of my evening
come back and see us in charlotte soon!!!

GASFACE GIVEN TO YOU

go to hell or go to yale-Andre
44062, Mzansi/ Azanian Nights
Posted by SensaiTate, Mon May-22-06 02:48 PM
Missed you in CLT would LOVE to see you in Cape Town..Make it happen PLEASE Tsidi (eek can I call you that?)!
44063, RE: so sad
Posted by hiphop since81, Mon May-22-06 04:01 PM
yeah, so i think u should crash the roots/kweli concert in houston...just a thought