Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Radio City Music Hall 5/20/06
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=43843&mesg_id=43940
43940, RE: Radio City Music Hall 5/20/06
Posted by jwill, Sat May-20-06 08:06 PM
I just want to thank all the artists involved in this weekends shows. Friday night was a great ending to 2 nights of good music. The Roots are the Roots. You know you will be getting your money's worth and then some when you get your tickets to see them perform. With or without guests you are getting a hell of a show when you go see the Roots.

Thursday night was good but it had its problems with special guests not showing up and mic problems. I was also disappointed that more of the people in the orchestra sections were not in their seat when the show started. I was in the first mezz and it looked like the orchestra section was less than half full at the start of the show. It was my first time seeing Common and he was pretty damn good. Nas was great as well. I was also excited to see the legendary Big Daddy Kane and Jazzy Jeff.

Friday night was one of the best Roots concerts I have been to. I have been to about 10 Roots shows (these were the only Roots shows I have attended not in the 930 Club) and of course all the Roots shows are at the top of my list but this one as well as the first OKP Tour stand out as being great shows. It was my first time seeing Badu and Mos and they were very very good. SV did a great job. Chappelle was very funny. I liked Bilal's performance as well since he did my favorite song of his "Sometimes." Hova was icing on the cake. It was already going to be a classic show and his appearance pushed it over the top. The entrance of the Roots and the exit of all the performers through the isles was also a nice touch. I was hoping that since there was a horn section the Roots would play "Silent Treatment" which is one of my favorite songs.

Thanks to ?uest and everyone else that played a hand in coordinating these shows. I am sure it was a difficult process but in the end it was worth it. I made the not so long trip from DC on the train but i can tell you it was more than worth it.

Rich