Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: update on Chappelle's Block Party DVD, in stores June 13
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=43642&mesg_id=43719
43719, RE: update on Chappelle's Block Party DVD, in stores June 13
Posted by ThePurpleExperience, Wed Jun-14-06 11:49 AM
>>>for some yoou'll be reading this post twice cause iposted on another thread<<<

I gotta admit, I'm totally disappointed. I could be very wrong in my assessment so lemme just ask. Was the material that hit the theaters altered for the dvd??? I ask that primarily because of my favorite performance. I went to see this joint in the theater THREE FREAKIN TIMES for You Got Me. …Never seen anything like that. Got the bootleg soundtrack (wish I’d gotten the bootleg movie to prove my point) that weekend and was blasting it. Got the soundtrack and was blasting telling myself and all my friends this shit was great. Telling all those that hadn’t seen it to go see it. Then yesterday I get off work, go get the shit and pop in the dvd player and I feel like it was chopped up again, as in it was a shorted version than what was in the theater. Yeah a couple a seconds of extra shit was added a la broken angel… Somebody please tell me I’m right cause I feel cheated over here. I keep on telling myself it was a documentary not a concert movie. Anybody understand my beef…