Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: The ORIGINAL plan
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=43405&mesg_id=43553
43553, RE: The ORIGINAL plan
Posted by roobug, Tue May-23-06 09:12 AM
STILL FEELING THE nrg FROM nyc!
Hey ?uest,
I’m not sure if you are still checking up on the replies, but I would like to say that you underestimate yourself and you did, in fact, put on quite the show last week at RCMH. Seeing that I was blessed enough to be there for both performances, I can say I am proud to have been a part of history and welcomed hip-hop to the venue with open arms.

I have always loved hip-hop (like Common, we were introduced when I was about 10), but I can say that our relationship was consummated last week and I’ve been impregnated by something that will continue to grow. Unlike so many of the heads around me, I may not have known all the lyrics word for word, but I recognize good beats and celebrate talent and my GAWD – it was thick within those walls. I have so much respect for you (even more than before) because of your ambition and the time that went into planning such a show. Shoot, people just show up for a few hours, but this has been something you’ve planned for years. Damn, do your thing, Ahmir.

I bumped into you at the after-hours, as you walked to that crazy fun house bathroom and I believe I said something inaudible and no doubt, nerdy, (and I appreciate you acknowledging me) but I wish I had been to a computer that day and seen you gettin down on yourself because I would have told you not to undermine the power you created. I was lucky enough to be 11 rows back and throughout the show I kept turning around and looking at the rows behind me and the THOUSANDS of people in the sold out (!) venue and wishing I could bottle up this energy and keep it for future times. Unbelievable.

(BTW, stellar job on the turn tables. I really enjoyed the chronological trip throughout music – Motown? Funk? You mean DJs can play other songs besides ones that include whispering and the words “laffy taffy”???).

Anyways, I would have not changed a thing last week (except for maybe Skillz being heard on Thursday). But what do I know? I didn’t even realize what tickets I had bought when I went to the show. I thought I was going to the circus…