Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: The ORIGINAL plan
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=43405&mesg_id=43550
43550, RE: The ORIGINAL plan
Posted by kimanirogers, Mon May-22-06 07:13 PM
I am glad to read this post. Thursday night I was a little salty. well a little let down. for $80 i couldn't afford to go both nights. looking at the lineup I figured my best bet for the all star show was thursday night, and since nas and kweli and com were on the bill i figured it would have been a show for the "heads".

meaning instead of break you off we would have got 100% dundee or the lesson part 1. or some of the songs you haven't played in a while.

aside from the sound being off with the microphones for a bit of the show, the show was alright. but it was a show i've seen countless times before. minus the jesus walks bit, i've seen rahzel do that shai routine since like 1998 at least.

i wanted to you guys to pull out more of the hits. and i was really expecting some more all star appearances, and now i see you were too.

i feel like i'm even more old school veteran than 99 bowery ballroom. i booked you guys in right after do you want more came out to play up at wesleyan thanks to santi putting me in contact with nou, and i almost got sent before the student judiciary board because y'all kept playing even after the lights went on.

i've seen you at the maritime in san fran, irving plaza, summerstage, bowery, mercury lounge whatever.

so on thursday i was mad. the show was alright, but i felt like all the hype surrounding it which made me go out and get tickets was a let down. i mean it had it's momments, when kane came out, when made you look started, it was electric, but i felt like you of all people had the opportunity to make a legendary evening happen and it didn't. and maybe that's my own expectations. i went into it assuming you guys were gonna pull off the run dmc madison square garden of our time. or at least pull off a better version of the live on martin moore show. and it just wasn't that.

the end. it's long. i'm sorry.