Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectFriday was dope
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=43405&mesg_id=43527
43527, Friday was dope
Posted by _Spread_, Mon May-22-06 01:59 AM
that's all I know...I mean, you can only control so much, especially in a situation like that.
But as someone in the crowd at Friday's show, everyone was captivated...from the regular Roots show types to the newbies...it was electric man.
Seeing Slum Village was extra dope to me, and kept Dilla in the back of my mind the whole time like "he would be proud to see this"
Dave did what he always does...taught everybody a valuable lesson and they didn't even realize cuz they were laughing the whole time.
Jeff's solo had me going nuts personally.
The horns were nice.
I also thought the sequencing went really well with who you brought on stage and what songs you guys did to fill in...Black Thought kept things moving pretty well as an MC.

and like someone said before...I must admit I've always been somewhat of a hater when it came to Hov, but he came out and just tore the roof off...had me throwing up a diamond sign and shit, looking silly...I didn't give a fuck, it was a live show...and if Hov ever does want to come back on tour, he should leave his DJ and crew at home and just bring yall...shit, most rappers should really.

i think that show inspired a lot of folks who witnessed