Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjecti give it a @@@.75
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=42692&mesg_id=42704
42704, i give it a @@@.75
Posted by dro, Mon Jul-17-06 02:52 PM
first off, it was my first time at that rams head live place. nice venue. very new. those guys at the door were kinda weird tho. i'm 20, and couldnt hear what they were saying so just went up to the both of em, and told the 2nd dude "i'm not 21." he clearly didnt hear me and goes "GIVE ME YOUR RIGHT HAND!" and gave me a wristband. lol. meanwhile my friend who's 19 didn't get one. so i don't know what was up. but i was thankful. haha. and yeah, that MC was pretty good, and a good idea to keep the show moving. good selection of tracks, even tho i am well under 25. haha

but anyways, i thought the show was pretty good for the most part. the game theory tracks sounded ill live, although "don't feel right" sounded a little off, but cool. and hub WAS on some other shit tonight. that was rediculous! and capt. kirk was on point as well.

While some say the sound was good, i kind of was dissapointed in the sound levels. you could barely hear kamal and kirk. they did that thing when kirk comes in and starts playing w/ ?uest and knuckles in DC in december, and when the guitar is turned up more and has more of a presence, its much cooler. kamals keys sounded drowned out all night as well.

kweli was good. i was hoping tho that when the roots came back in, they would do get by w/ both kweli and thought there, since they do it live in their hip hop 101 all the time anyways.

my boy and i rolled out at 1 since we were making the trip from VA, when thought was talkin. we thought that it was bout to be over, but it sounds like i missed a few things. what time did it finally end?

also, does anyone know if those video screens on the sides of the stage were part of rams head's thing, or did Kool bring those along? i thought they were kind of distracting.

but overall, great show as usual. nice sized venue, good set, and the new tracks sound good live.