Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Get your new OKAYPLAYER Inflatable SoapBox!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=42348&mesg_id=42422
42422, RE: Get your new OKAYPLAYER Inflatable SoapBox!!
Posted by sauld420, Sun Jul-23-06 11:27 PM
on the really real, cats dont make money off record sales. Thats how the record companies make their money. Lets say you sell a mil right, you platinum. You maybe only getting at the MOST 4 dollars a cd, then you get hit with studio costs for making it, promotional shits, and all that other mess plus taxes(dont even get me started on that bullshit) so you maybe get 1-2 dollars MAYBE in the pocket. Thats like a mil between 5-6 niggas. So after all that you might have 100-200k to show.
The money is made on the road, doin shows, radio gigs all that. you might get 50g's a night on tha road(roots prolly much much more) So all this bullshit about taking artists liberties away and all that is just was it is, bullshit. Of course the record companies dont want you to bootlegg cause you takin their cut.
The way i look at it is, if you are feeling it, show em some love and go cop it for real. But it dont mean you cant cop the bl first ya heard.
(some of these dumb niggas dont deserve my money ya know? ill dl that wackness all day, listen to it, a week later deletin it.)
Q keep doing yall thing, hip hop needs it now more than ever