Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectFUCK it... i will NOT download it.......
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=42348&mesg_id=42348
42348, FUCK it... i will NOT download it.......
Posted by Airbreed, Sun Jul-16-06 07:47 PM
i used to be a pretty staunch defender of folks who hit up seek and other peer to peers. but now, i think im starting fall to the side of some of these artists who're backstabbed for having thier hard work leaked.

i don't wanna turn this post into a soapbox or anything but dammit... i'd like to hold on to that feeling of anxiety towards impatiently waiting for one of my favorite artists of all time to release thier new album in the STORE.

...where i would race to a mom and pops and cop that bad boy, pop it in the CD player and drive with it all day long with a checkers banana shake or vente green tea frap to suck on.

its a feeling that can never be recaptured. and a feeling that stays with every true blue fan for the rest of thier lives.

i know this because everytime i look to pull it out of my collection to play it again, and again... i can take pleasure into having something meaningful to say when asked... "where were you when you first heard Game Theory?".

"... yeeeaaaah sun, i waz in front of the computa jackin off... drinkin red stripe n shit"

...thats real wack homey. plain and simple.

so yeah niggas... yall can do whatever the fuck y'all want. but yalls gonna be missin out somethin special if yall dont cop it the right way.

that's all.