Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Who is still holding out to hear Game Theory?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=41681&mesg_id=41688
41688, RE: Who is still holding out to hear Game Theory?
Posted by umfundis, Mon Aug-21-06 09:43 PM
I got the leak and listen to it intermittenly, (I like it too), but I will cop the real thing when it drops. I might online order, if I can find the joint with the extra songs.

I swear n*ggas be ready to jump off the ledge over a Roots CD. It ain't this, it ain't that. Who gives a f*ck what the record company does (except the Roots, of course) or what the critics say. I ask you, have the Roots ever made a wack CD? I got every one, except the first and I'd buy them again if I lost them.

Cats say they don't sound like they did on TFA or DYM? But aren't they supposed to grow? Aren't they supposed to experiment? Damn, would we love Coltrane, Miles Davis, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder or Prince, if every album sounded like the first. If hip-hop is the mind set of young black and PRican- influenced culture (excuse the magazine mainstream reference), do we still think the way we did in '83, '89, '96 (that was a good year) or the 2YK?

I wanted to tell some cats that keep complaing about the CD that The Roots should be a sountrack to your day, not a reason the day wasn't as good as it was supposed to be. So shut the f*uck up complaining, put it in your ipod and go make it happen.

Fresh for 2006, u suckers!!!!!!!!