Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectBest thing since sliced bread
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=41616&mesg_id=41673
41673, Best thing since sliced bread
Posted by juls_nice, Wed Aug-30-06 11:36 PM
Yo my co-worker told me this today @ work (while we were listening to the album of the year: Game Theory) and I damn near fell out my chair! This is like a dream for me and imma tell U why I think it's a great idea:

1. Peedi Crack is such an ill lyricist....that dude has a currrrrrazy flow, vicious rhyme schemes and breath control, a wide vocab and real versatile and imaginative rhymes making for some humorous lyrics...yet he has that gritty street lingo that just attracts the thugs. No lie, my boi put me onto him bout a year ago when I was livin in Philly and his mixtapes got constant rotation in da wip. He spits over classic beats and does some remakes that had me trippin balls; I thought he was gonna be the next best thing but that was when he was "Petey Crack the street rhymer"; he needed to get more mature.

2. He's similar to BT in alot of ways. After reading Talib's comments on Thought you can see that even though Black isn't attracting the pop crowd he's one of the best to grab a mic, period. Not many MCs can rhyme next to BT cause he just makes em look sloppy in their craft (no matter how many records they sell). But I think Peedi can definately hang; Peedi exudes those qualities that make you say "oh, this dude is wicked!".
BT and Malik/Dice is sorta like EPMD, or Meth and Red; they have contrasting styles. BT and Peedi is like Rakim and Nas rhyming next to eachother- it's just top notch on both ends. "Long Time" gives me goosebumps listening to it.

3. Peedi just may help the Roots attract not 1 but 2 demographics they're kinda unpopular with: The Latino listeners and the "thug from the street" listeners! More limelight for the Roots possibly.

I just don't know how P.Crack does live on stage but I'm sure he can hold his own. And if it doesn't work out, oh well, give Peedi the boot after a year and move on. I mean, if they can go threw the "Ben Era" then why not give P a shot...

-----------------------------
"Waiting for the Lord to rise
I look into my daughter's eyes,
and realize
imma learn through her,
The Messiah
might even return through her,
if imma do it,
I gotta change the world through her"

-Common
MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/julsnice