Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: I Guess They Don't Say
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=40911&mesg_id=41147
41147, RE: I Guess They Don't Say
Posted by hopnva, Fri Dec-30-05 01:27 AM
maybe you are right,,,some exec's want to distance there valued artist from controversy ,,,,,it's a tight song, but do the 04/05 consumer know "Dangelo", these kids really don't know dude, plus the older fans really don't care if he comes back or not. This shit is bigger than Okayplayer when it comes to selling records. So if you put yourself in the shoes of label execs do you think Dangelo could sell records big and chubby with all the drug controversy. Niggas don't care how talented you are, if you are not marketable yo shit will sit on the shelves for years, look at alicia keys and anthony hamilton. Plus "D" record contract is so fucked up that nigga may not see any scrilla off that single if it ever came out. Thats just my personal opinion, i could be totally off the mark with this one. But keep in mind they recorded the single back in the summer here it is going into the 06' that shit still aint hit the daylight. If i was D'angelo i would flood the internet with unreleased shit( that nigga got tons of it) so that folks know that i'm still alive. However that shit will never happen( that nigga is like the scarecrow in the wiz) All that traveling back in forth from coast to coast recording shit that would never see the daylight is usless.