Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Skillz speaks on Hip Hop Died? in personal email
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=40786&mesg_id=40807
40807, RE: Skillz speaks on Hip Hop Died? in personal email
Posted by The-Hidden-Element, Wed Oct-11-06 10:42 PM
comin' from tha south and being a true hip hop lover as well as artist (yeah we down here 2!!) i know that a lot of that "hip hop iz dead " talk only started when the south started gettin a lil' shine, 2 those i say eff u!!! but 2 those that recognize that shit happens in cycles, we are in the 80's all over again! if u notice conciousness seems to come around every other decade, ecspecially when it comes 2 muzik; the 70's everybody wuz conscious, the 80's everybody wuz scared to say or do certain things( like interracial dating) then the 90's came and conciousness came back around but this time hip hop wuz leading the way, but after pac and biggie died we kind of fell into a depression as a movement, and when u are at ur weakest thats when other influences can get the best of u,thats whutz happenin' now in the 2000's everybody got so caught up behind tryin' to be on 106& park or get the most plays on the radio( where hip hop wuz really never accepted in the 1st place!!) they forgot about sayin' somethin' as well as making good muzik! i remember a song called"video killed the radio star" and that title wuz so real 2 me!! so whut im' sayin' iz dont keep puttin that phrase ( hip hop iz dead) out in tha universe cuz one day u might wake up and it'll be TRUE, then whut u gonna do( starve?),100!!! oh, an if u lookin 4 that "ish" hit us up (myspace.com/therealhiddenelement