Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: cause skillz has no
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=4065&mesg_id=4163
4163, RE: cause skillz has no
Posted by apex, Sun Apr-04-04 02:44 PM
>awards that the industry gave him
>
>he's not able to speak?
>
>he and i started at the same time....and he is an artist.
>
>that whole "i got a grammy and a few gold records under my
>belt" thing is lame IMHO.
>
>yes he shoulda turned the other cheek, but the point is
>skillz shouldn't be told he cant talk shit just because he
>aint big enough of a celeb.
>
>
>he shouldn't talk shit cause that would be rude.
>
>but i aint his pops so i can say if he has the right or not.

i can only speak for myself in reference to my comments, but i never said that he is not "allowed" to talk shit... by all means, go ahead and talk shit... this is a free board, say what u wanna... but whenever you put up shit on a public message board, u opening the gates to responses/criticism, especially if you are a "respected" artist on the boards. i was commenting on what he said, not the fact that he said it... i would have responded to the fool too! but i wouldn't have clowned the nigga for thousands of "fans" to read and be amused by. now c'mon Quest... you know that was some line stepper type shit. he came off like a pompous arrogant rapper who has nothing better to do than fuck with a kid cuz his beats are wack. just calling it like i see it... just an opinion,which I shouldn't have to hide unless i choose. so, the whole platinum plaque shit i was talkin about isn't literal... i was subtley referencing the fact that its usually gassed up platinum plaque muthafuckas that say arrogant shit like "you ruined the chances of the next 3 producers" like he Paris hilton or some shit, and got kids approachin him all day to give him beat tapes. and i feel like even if it was from you or anybody else for that matter, it still would be exactly what it is in the skillz case: some pompous superiority complex/ego trip type shit...

...its one thing if Jordan talks shit about shitting on nigga's games...this shit is entirely different...

i think a lot of the starstruck fans on this site forget that most of the okayartists are virtually unknown to the hip hop masses... you would think that an okayartist with a SMALL fanbase wouldn't play cruel jokes on their fans... i guess the industry has gotten to a point where even underground niggas gotta pull out a titty to get publicity...