Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: You Make The Call
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=40217&mesg_id=40442
40442, RE: You Make The Call
Posted by gqhughes, Sun Oct-08-06 06:54 PM
We all know what the Roots need...more albumn sales. More people listening. More people WANTING to listen. More people TALKING about the hottest hip hop group out. Keep this in mind as I go...

Long Time:
Taking from the general idea of Thought walking through parts of Philly (I first thought that was kinda boring) but you can add some spice and make people talk about the video. Here's how.

Work with allusion. If you can get cameos, of course get'em. But if you can't get will Smith, how about starting the video off like his Summertime video "Drums please...." The convertible, BT in the back (if possible Will and Jazzy in the drivers seat....)if not, BT driving and Jazzy Jeff in the drivers seat (however the video went)....think of it as an ode to someone who put Philly on the map REAL BIG....

Beans. Free. Rahzel (yessir!) All them is cool, but I think you have to have Jill in this one. Remember the video (her first one I think) where she's singing, smiling (as only Jill can)and walking down the street....what if BT is walking on that re-created street and scene and his video crew walks passed Jill and her video crew. Like a crossing of videos....ode to Jill (whose career is GREATLY 'crossed' with THe Roots) and likewise her ode to the Roots. Split screen it with her in concert with the Roots back in the day....

And there must be sports refrences (for those who have never been or dont know much about Philly). So BT is going through drug devastated hoods (the ugly) he sees the kids (the good) playing basketball. A kid in an Iverson jersey dose a nasty crossover on a kid in a Jordan jersey...i.e. when Iverson actually did it. Or for some humor, a kid in a McNabb jersey looking for someone to pass the ball too when the kid in the Cowboys Owens jersey is wide open and jumping up down but NOT being thrown the ball too....(that'll get you on 106 n Park alone!)

Ryan Howard (cameo) could be crushing homeruns off little kids until one of them crashes through someones house window and they ALL run like big kids. A few scense later, they are all getting scolded by someones grandmother. Even Howard, his head slumped down in his chest like he was 10!

Rocky Theme: BT jogging thourgh the city like ole Balboa. ANd of course he stops at the Rocky statue. (That maybe a little too much!)

Someone who should definately be in the video. Stephen A Smith.

I got a great idea for Game Theory and Here I Come too. Its what I do....let me shoot it!

www.iampoop.com