Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: You Make The Call
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=40217&mesg_id=40435
40435, RE: You Make The Call
Posted by Amor Incarnate, Tue Oct-03-06 09:43 PM
Still taking suggestions?

Baby with the first verse of Clock with No Hands at the end. Baby = something the bebe's can sing along to the chorus, and Clock with no Hands(the musical clock sound reminds ya of a Baby, doesn't it? Plus, this generation loves drama.

Opens with: Everyone in black suits in a van, with bt in the backseat with yak in his hand telling the story...driving to a show...

Middle: Follow the relationship storyline for video concept. (I know it talks about the status of hip hop, but give them the truth, but give it to them slant, ya know?)
Anyhow, Designer fashions gurl gets done wrong by bf, finds them in bed, other chic runs out...takes his cigar, lights it up, throws it on matters, bf tries to rationalize during the chorus...fire (the kids love fire, lol)...both run out together. Outside as cops/firefighters come to scene.

(during chorus, it can also flash to roots at show they were driving to performing the song)

Second verse: is a flashback of how the couple me at a music store in the hip hop cd section, picking out similar music (show the cd's to have some of the stereotypical covers. hint, 3 words: chain,hang,low) they beat the odds (whatever those are: a baby, her parents not approving, whatever), end up together, but he still goes out and cheats on her (back to the beginning scene).

Ends with: Her getting arrested.....fades into clock with no hands...she's sitting in jail (could insert stats about black women's rising numbers in prison)...and the distraught dude is sitting on staircase (with a bottle?) looking at the pics of he and his gurl *some people i used to love/why i ain't show em that?*..fades out.

Just an idea...it can be symbolic for many things (relationship b/t hip hop and audience/ loss regret/ etc, etc...etc) :)