Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: You Make The Call
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=40217&mesg_id=40348
40348, RE: You Make The Call
Posted by jiggyjazzman, Fri Sep-22-06 06:34 AM
The consensus seems to be Long Time, so here it goes:

1st verse:

Use different people with Thought being in a few shots. Have different people coming home from different situations. One cat is getting out of jail, another coming home from war, someone coming home from college, and another coming to a wedding or funeral. They all come back to some part of South Philly. They come in seeing the city skyline has changed or some roads have changed but the neighborhood is still the same.

2nd verse:

Shots of North Philly in the 80s (Richard Allen maybe, the high rises that were on Ridge Ave or on Diamond St.-- I'm sure there's public access video of these project somewhere). Peedi as a kid writing rhymes and getting clowned. Show him listening to tapes and kinda like a progression not just him but of his surroundings through the years. End up with him rockin' on stage in 2006 doing his verse to Long Time.

I haven't gotten to verse three yet because I started this last night and was up early this morning. So, I'm exhausted but I'll come back to it.

I was also thinking of some things for each of the others. Maybe I'll get around to it today.