Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjecttengo un idea por 'baby'
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=40217&mesg_id=40347
40347, tengo un idea por 'baby'
Posted by melodikangel, Fri Sep-22-06 01:38 AM
i hope it's clear enough to understand. i don't know the correct terminology for this kind of thing.

......the setting is a quiet, rural southern town in the early 1900s (think 'the color purple') where a traveling circus has come to visit.

the plot--(the plot was inspired by the opera 'carmen' but it's a little different)

a young man who has been dating the local minister's daughter falls for the sexy fire-swallower who is traveling with the circus.

it opens up with the rev., his wife, and his daughter talking to the young man after church. there's no audible dialogue, but the physical interaction (i.e. the father shaking the boy's hand and patting him on the back, the mother smiling and nodding approvingly, the girl smiling and blushing) indicates their relationship with one another.

the boy is smiling but his attention keeps being drawn towards the circus in the distance. his girlfriend keeps catching him doing this and is getting angry.

when he doesn't show up for sunday dinner after church, she throws a fit, pointing towards the big top down the road which came be seen through a nearby window in their dining room. her father tries to comfort her but she snatches away and runs to her room. afterwards, the daughter sneaks out of the house (taking her father's gun from a drawer) and goes looking for her boyfriend at the circus. she finds him in the back tent with the flame-swallower's head in his lap and in a jealous rage aims the gun at them both.

meanwhile, back at her home, her father is sitting at his desk doing work and opens the drawer to get some papers when he realizes his gun is missing. instinctively, he jumps in his car and drives toward the circus to stop his daughter from doing something stupid.

the father arrives just as his daughter is aiming the gun. he jumps in front of her and reaches out for the gun. he catches the bullet meant for the other two and dies.

so there are basically the scenes take place:

1.)outside of a small white church after sunday service
2.)in dining room of a southern home
3.)on a dirt road leading toward the circus
4.)in the center ring of the big top (it's mostly a stage where you guys will be performing alone; but it will showcase normal circus activity when you're not in the scenes.)
5.)a small tent in the back of the big top

i imagine that all of the scenes are included in a slideshow, fastforward effect during the opening notes of the song. starting off slow at first, but then sort of snowballing. i would also assume that this 'slideshow' would have to be heavy on scene #1 to provide an adequate understanding of the characters' relationship.

then at the end of the 'slideshow' thing. there is a view of the gun firing and a closeup of the bullet and smoke coming out of it. during the bulk of the song, the scenes jump to the father racing down the road in his car. then back to the middle where the girl is throwing a fit at the dinner table. but other than that, the scenes are pretty much chronological.