Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectI vote for "Long Time"... idea for intro
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=40217&mesg_id=40328
40328, I vote for "Long Time"... idea for intro
Posted by ekwil, Sat Sep-23-06 12:24 AM
Alright, time to get my wannabe filmmaker geek on...

IMO, the best idea I've read so far is the one of Thought driving around Philly, picking up Peedi, and ?uest, Hub, Kamal, Knuckles, and Kirk playing makeshift instruments in the car. Splice that in with footage of important Philly spots to the band as an ode to the city.

As an intro, have camera focus on a spray-painted mural with "Def Jam Presents", then cut to a graffitti-written "The Roots", followed by two-second-long clips of each band member's headshot. After seeing Thought, ?uesto, Hib, Kamal, Knuckles, and Kirk, flash to another mural with "featuring Peedi Peedi", followed by two seconds of Peedi (would Bunny Sigler be up for the video? If so, follow with him, also). After this artist intro, the final wall will have "Long Time" written on it. During this intro, there will be no music, just sounds of Philly (traffic, trains, people talking).

As the first guitar chords are played, pan up to a "Welcome to Philadelphia" sign, followed by a pan to Thought driving. Follow with the idea mentioned in the earlier post about Thought driving around and checking out various Philly spots.