Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: You Make The Call
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=40217&mesg_id=40322
40322, RE: You Make The Call
Posted by theblacklightDC, Thu Sep-21-06 04:28 PM
POETX in p59 has the best idea. The last CD I bought before Game Theory was Illadelph Halflife..i was dead broke and at that point I decided not to support the music industry, figuring "why should I support someone elses lavish lifestyle of excess and waste".. i believe is how i wrote it at the time...fast forward 10 years and i see a post stating that GT only sold 82K...and while im not rich, my "broke" is in stable condition..so i copped GT..this has nothing to do with the video..my point is that the only relevant CD in stores today is GT..the end result of how this album is collectively received has far more impact than what people may believe...this is the only album outside of food and liqour and whatever ye does next that can really change the course of hiphop if marketed correctly....poetx's idea draws in all the requisite forces to really push this album to "of the year" status...musically its past that point..i didnt even like the album at first cause it seems as if my mind had been warped to the point where i couldnt even hear the supreme instrumentation...i was sampled out until sep15th when i bought GT..

we gotta ride for this cd...ive never felt this way....but we really need to ride for this joint..

im with poetx...