Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: You Make The Call
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=40217&mesg_id=40317
40317, RE: You Make The Call
Posted by jmsowl, Thu Sep-21-06 03:21 PM
If you don't put "game theory," the title track as a single off this album, you're crazy. You don't just make one of the most important hip hop albums of all time and don't release that song. Everyone who I know, loving or hating the roots loves thats song because it's not just hard beats and hard rhymes. That song is hip hop and the instrumentals are unreal; you don't just hear all the instruments in that song and lyrics in that song, you feel them because it was mastered so well. That is probably why you guys are starting concerts off with that as your first song, because you know how significant it is for people to hear that first.

the last video was a great idea but ask how many people watched it more than once. It is one of those videos you anticipate for a month and then say, "oh, I get it." I just need you to put "game theory" as the single/video because I know it will work. Don't let this album blow by without getting the respect it deserves. "game theory" could easily be up for "record of the year" but you have to put it out there.

And include the band in this video, all of you deserve the screen.

PS (just to show that i am not hate'n in this post b/c it does sound kinda mean)

so far this year I have.......
purchased 13 roots tickets to the electric factory and gave 12 of them away for free to my friends just so they could see the roots live

paid $100 cash for my friend and I to see the roots game theory release party show (yeah, that was a FREE show, but I was afraid i wasn't getting in when i didn't get a bracelet so i paid $100 cash for two tickets some dude won of 100.3 the beat.)

purchased every poster/cd promo/anything else promo for game theory off ebay

bought the game theory package deal off okayplayer

bought 10 additional game theory cds from best buy to give to my closest friends who i knew would appreciate the album but would not buy it.

Bought the couple magazines where the roots held the cover page

I Spent a lot of money on the roots the year, and i am a broke college student from Temple U in north illadelph

peace,

if you are on okayplayer and haven't "bought" the cd yet, u should be ashamed.....peace