Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectYou would be doing yourself a disservice if you did not go with...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=40217&mesg_id=40308
40308, You would be doing yourself a disservice if you did not go with...
Posted by ju1ce43, Thu Sep-21-06 01:47 PM
Baby. I have been waiting to make my first post on this board for ages (I have been checking since before the board was re-formatted however long ago that was), and I was going to make my first post a request for the next video to be Baby, so I guess I'll just waste my first post here.

Anyway, every single person I have played the album for that is normally into radio hip-hop, (i.e.- girls that just like to dance) was immediatley attracted the that song right off the bat. Granted, I might like "Long Time" a bit better myself, but for a video, I don't think anything on the album translates to the masses as well as Baby.

For example, this girl I know who's into all the radio stuff just purchased three albums from Sam Goody. Those albums were: the new JT, Danity Kane, and yes- Game Theory. She was just going to get the first two, but said she really wanted to hear Baby over and over and over again, so she had to get it (she is one of those people who will just get an album for one song, then continuously listen to that song until she finds a new song she likes). As soon as I heard that, I knew that Baby would be perfect for the next single.

As far as a concept for a video goes, I don't really have one at this point, but I'm sure a lot of other folks can help with that. I just wanted to throw my two cents in, since it looks like "Long Time" is running away with the poll, and if the Roots are still at all looking for commercial success after the serious lack of promotion for this album, I think Baby would be the best choice.