Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectannounce it as the 1st 'FAN COLLABO video', then when it hits
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=40217&mesg_id=40305
40305, announce it as the 1st 'FAN COLLABO video', then when it hits
Posted by poetx, Thu Sep-21-06 01:24 PM
put a trailer in it stating that you are opening up the competition even moreso for the NEXT joint, for anyone who has proof of purchase of the CD to enter and do the second (well, third) video for 10gs. get some hungry interns to screen the first couple rounds and then let you choose fromt the c.r.e.a.m. of the crop.

there's got to be > 50,000 aspiring video producers out there. prolly 49k of them will be trash. but if they all cop and then enter (to do the subsequent video), the buzz of letting your fans create and direct the video (all the frenzy that will be generated in the traditional media, plus through myspace, viral e-mails, etc) can blow the album up. and really, once you get that diy advertising push on it moving the movement, it'll go plat plus on its own merits from then on out.

Long Time should definitely be the next video.

the next (diy contest) joint after that should be Clock With No Hands.

i really think that a lot of people will dig this album if they HEAR it. you (?uest) know this internet shit better than just about any artist... make it work for you.

EVERYBODY on this piece has some kind of aspirations of being in the spotlight ('sides me); if you find a way to tap into that massive undercurrent of How Can I Be Down? syndrome, as typified by the cats in the lessahn, while making purchase of the CD the entrance price for the competition/come-up, you gonna get that ab-roller/carlton sheets money, money.

y'all put in too much work and have put out too much quality. i just wanna see y'all get paid for it.

peace & blessings,

x.

sigless for the summer, y'all.