Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectlong time in cars, zombies in baby
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=40217&mesg_id=40287
40287, long time in cars, zombies in baby
Posted by countingdemons, Thu Sep-21-06 10:42 AM
my opinion - I'd love to hear both baby and long time as singles.

long time (with proper support) - smash crossover single. as far as a video goes for it, yeah you could take this shit far away from the corner - depends how far - how areosmith do you want? whatever it is, camera work has to have a sense of speed. just a random idea, 2 people in a relationship get inna fight (pre-song) and for the length of the song, they driving away from each other top-speed, so we catch philly all around at top speed. What might be cool is to do a next movement style thing where the band members are always somewhere in the cars, depending on where the camera looks. so the band is like their thoughts, or somethin. what might be real cool is when we catch the end of the argument, the hook from "livin' in a new world" is playin in the background.

for baby, i think it might have a good chance at being a urban radio success, and a decent chance at crossover success. the video for this song oughtta be weird, like louisiana voodoo shit - 'cuz it's got that dirge march shit going on. It might be real funny and shit to have the whole band as zombies (i am predicting the comments already) acting it up, playing their instruments, with clips of the "girl" going through the story, and then the girl, of course, has to somehow die near where the band is doing their thing, zombie style. I dunno, maybe this is just a stupid idea, but i think it would kill as a video, have a great sense of humor, and get a buttload of press. the song is just such a hip-fucked-up-dirge. how funny and cool would it be if during the "ohh" part in the beginning, one by one the dudes in the band rose up outta the ground? and BT should be decked out zombie style, with a huge f-ing chain. it's funny but in a really different way.

and i'd be more than happy to write a full treatment for either.