Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: agree on Long Time
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=40217&mesg_id=40244
40244, RE: agree on Long Time
Posted by excaluber, Thu Sep-21-06 02:43 PM
2 Things...I like that idea of him being released from jail and kidna wandering around his old stomping grounds a lot actually....The only thing i'd add is a clever/easy way to do the transformation would be Tariq walking down the street (or some main character) and see things in the present day...and occasionally have him stop (at the chorus) at a store front he remembers and look at the glass window which would show a memory from the past in the reflection of the window. I was thinking the memory would show either what used to happen there....or the exact same thing happening but in a different time period...Different people...dated looking stuff.

If you kinda want a similar theme but like some story type ish then i'd was thinking you make it about him getting outta jail (maybe peedi picks the dude up.) and then he's walking around, and stops at the chorus at places that trigger memories of how it all happened...

For instance.

Chorus - Starts off with him in a memory scene running and then cuffed and getting arrested.

First verse -- its the main character picked up from jail and dropped off, then walking around, his old stomping grounds seeing things he used to do.

Chorus - Stops at a window to reflect...and sees himself and a friend (peedi?) in a memory scene where the cops show up and they all start running away from the police.

Second Verse -- friend (peedi?) in the bathroom and then getting ready to go pickup his friend from jail.

Chorus --- Friend (peedi?) gazes in rearview mirror and recalls him and main character walking through an alley where some drugs are being sold (or something illegal happening).

Third verse --- Main character walks along the streets reminicing and hen bumps into some old friends from earlier in his life, who are doing something illegal or sketch (selling drugs again?...donno just something similar to the opening)

Chorus --- Cops come, everyone runs...main character tries to run, but gets arrested and as he's being arrested looks up in the glass and sees a reflection of the first scene where he was getting arrested as a younger man. I sorta see it as the camera being slightly above and behind the main character...and the current arrest looking the exact same as the first scene and reflection he's seeing in the glass. Except the scene playing in the reflection has a older and dated look to it, to show that it happened back in time.

Its basicly a concept where you're saying over time, some things may be and look different but ultimately nothing has changed and everything is still the same.