Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: There is a way to bring in the names of cats who arent
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=39761&mesg_id=39807
39807, RE: There is a way to bring in the names of cats who arent
Posted by iKilan, Sun Dec-17-06 12:37 PM
>i wasn't arguing against you per say, just against the
>popularity of camoes on rap albums in the last decade.
>

C'mon fam, How often are people going ape shit over so and so doing a song with so and so.

That shit still draws attention, but it doesnt matter unless its fone right.

plus, when you got the right collabo it hightens the level of the song. That colab shit is still extremely valid on hip hop music.

>But I think ?uest doesn't need to do tricks. Anyone who sees
>him live is plenty impressed, at his direction, and the solo.
>They're converting fans daily, its the trouble of letting
>those fans know when a new album is out and that its worth
>buying. Not ?uest's responisibility, he has enough on his
>plate.

Again, i've mentioned how well he does live. We all know how great he is as a musician, same as kirk on the ask, thought as a lyricist, etc.But the shit they do live doesnt translate on wax anymore. to me, that shit stopped at TFA. Phren grew on me, but thats was kind of a jump the shark moment.

Promotion is key, but its not EVERYthing.

they could have taken shit much further with TTP if they went with Web as a street single, STAR as the first single, and stay cool as a follow up. it was just good music and exactly what people are looking for and want from the roots. but i aint even gonna go into depth about my speculations on that.

If they get peoples attention with the tricks that will be their PR. some times you gotta slap the machine or oil it up to get it rolling for you. that part is up to the roots.