Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectTo me, and this is all opinion... from the outside looking in
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=39761&mesg_id=39776
39776, To me, and this is all opinion... from the outside looking in
Posted by iKilan, Sun Dec-17-06 12:29 PM
granted.

But I'm saying this not to hate, clown, or dog you as an artist. I Hold you HIGHLY as a musician. One of the best, no doubt. IN that i see what ya'll can do. I see how you can pick out the right song in a show to move a crowd, and dj-ing too. you KNOW music.

You know which song with beats to make people go ape shit, you know how to remix your own shit, but you NEVER give that affect anywhere on your (current)albums accept 1-2 song.

plus ya'll never allow people to adapt to one sound, you move around to a whole different group on each album. you can build a fan base. you know how shady okayplayers are on supporting groups.

all the people i named before make GOOD music, but they had a few tricks and images and allowed it to stick for a minute, then they evolved once people started to fade off.

all i'm saying is keep making music, keep pushing the envelope but do some tricks, show off, base that shit up, bring your industry friends into the act on a couple albums.

you aint gotta get shot, or battle jigga or whatever.