Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Upcoming TORONTO Shows
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=39555&mesg_id=39748
39748, RE: Upcoming TORONTO Shows
Posted by goat, Thu Dec-07-06 01:58 PM
ok

Stolen post from Hiphopcanada.com

"**LONG READ**

Well tonight was the Rock The Bells show here @ Kool Haus it was suppose feature headliners EPMD. Also on the bill was Redman, Keith Murray, Smif N Wessun, Supernatural, DJ Cool & Raekwon.

Man after tonight I have to say people in the U.S. have it way too good when it comes to shows and are very lucky.

So on Sunday word got out that Keith Murray withdrew from the show, then late this afternoon word got out to my people that were suppose to interview Raekwon that he wasn't allowed across the border he left Vermont where he had his last show last night and when he tried to enter was refused to get in. He tried to rush back to Manhattan to have his lawyers work shit out and hopefully get back in time for the show but that wasn't happening.

At this point most of the general public doesn't know about RAE not being there, next about an hour before the show security was letting people know REDMAN also was a victim to his criminal record so wasn't allowed access across the border.

NOW TO THE CONCERT.

Wack opening acts, DJ Cool was terrible, Supernatural was actually good and had the crowd buzzing and hype freestyling over "Go", "The Food" & "I'm A Hustla".

TIME FOR EPMD RIGHT?

So DJ Scratch is setting up while a local DJ (P-Plus) is spinning during intermission, after he's done there's basically no music nothing playing and some host just speaking. The crowd gets restless since for about 30 mins nothing is going on, booing is going on heavy AND THEN...........some people started throwing bottles @ DJ SCRATCH one of them landed on his Serato & Mac and messed up his shit.

He was soaked and his shit was fucked up, DJ Cool tried to calm the crowd down and Scratch even interrupted and was telling dudes to meet him at the side so he can show dudes "How NY does it" when dudes act up. Cats continue to boo and Scratch leaves the stage and this point MORE BOTTLES are thrown on stage at this point Kardinal Offishall comes out like 15 mins later and tells the crowd this is not how Toronto is and should rep properly.

These dudes didn't have to come out and still did even though 75% of the acts couldn't get across the border he hypes up the crowd and EPMD comes out. At this point ERICK SERMON tells the crowd they should fuck up dudes that threw shit at their DJ but they will continue with the show and can't let some idiots mess that up.

So now DJ Scratch's setup was all messed up so they go the 2 local DJ's (P-Plus & Startin' From Scratch) to get whatever EPMD instrumentals that they had on them which was about 4 tracks so EMPD did 4 tracks and at the end ERICK basically said again whoever did shit to his DJ to meet him and said PEACE.

Dudes left my crew outside the venue saw them get into their vans and they actually gave us props since we were supporting what they were doing.

:{ I'm just sick and tired of the Government continuing this nonsense when it comes to hip hop artists AND also to whoever messed up Scratch's shit obviously people didn't appreciate shit.

Throwing shit @ DJ SCRATCH?!??! c'mon in the DJ/Production that's basically on the level of throwing shit at Nas, Jay, Rakim type thing."

Here's the 4 tracks
You Gots To Chill, So What You Sayin, Crossover, Erick Sermon's - Music

hoorah for $52