Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectKRS KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLED IT
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=39555&mesg_id=39711
39711, KRS KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLED IT
Posted by goat, Sat Oct-07-06 02:20 AM
yo, the sound was shit, but its the guvernment, so that's expected
but the energy in that place was ri-got-damn-diculous.
Everybody jumping up and down and just going straight buckwild.
And, what was the clincher was when he came out into the middle of the crowd.
He just stormed off stage w/ a mic and just walked through the crowd. He stopped in the centre and one guy started break dancing. It was like a scene out of a movie. Here's KRS Standing there, rapping, while there's this guy dancing in the centre, and the rest of the crowd just bouncing their hand up and down towards the middle. It was fuckin' phenomenal.

For those that might disagree, take into account a couple of things
a) KRS was clearly pissed about the sound being shit. I think that's why he just went into the crowd. He was there for the people. When he stormed off stage, my first reaction was "oh shit, he's gonna go attack the sound guy" (a la OC @ the hiero show).
b) KRS was pissed that the guvernment called the show early. It's a club night, they weren't gonna let him go on for hours. But he himself was like "this is a 21 year career. we have tonnes of music we can play. this can go all night long". Personally, i think KRS was willing to go like 3 hours if guvernment let him.

Would I do it again? In a heartbeat. GO SEE KRS.