Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectThe Roots Need Steve Stoute...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=39059&mesg_id=39182
39182, The Roots Need Steve Stoute...
Posted by rons1ne, Wed Dec-13-06 04:39 PM
i understand that i may have some people on board with me, some very against this, but why not hook up with Steve Stout?

Jay-Z + Reebok

JT + McD's

Beyonce + Tommy

Stefani + HP (I'm sure he had a hand with the Jigga and Pharrell commercials, too...imagine ?uesto uploading his video blogs, digitally organizing his 50,000+ record collection, updating Okayplayer...although i'm sure ?uest has an affinity to Apple since he is a serato master)

The music is there, we all know this. Some us will like the same, some won't. At the end of the day we can agree to disagree. But musically, vocally, sonically...the Roots have IT.

They just need a little help exposure wise, and I think Steve is the man who can do it.

A ?uest x Scion commercial:

First, you see some dj's loading a big ass truck with DJ equipment...amp, speakers, lights, turntables...6 dudes.

Pan to ?uest, just a laptop, all over print hoodie and greedy genius kicks...shakes his head in disappoint at the other guys, steps into his scion and bounces out.

thats the legendary.