Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: The Roots Need Rick Rubin
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=39059&mesg_id=39180
39180, RE: The Roots Need Rick Rubin
Posted by hayes79, Wed Dec-13-06 02:29 PM
I hope you guys just keep doing what youre doing because there is no other group/artist that I check for more than yall. You guys are what made me want to create my music and you are what Hip Hop stands for. There is so much that the public, myself included, does not understand about how the music industry works. And there is also a huge amount that we dont understand about how hard it is to stay true to yourself/your music and still make a decent living off of your craft.
It makes me sick to my stomach to even think about The Roots not being signed to a major label with all the support in the world behind em. They deserve everything that has come their way so far.
And I believe that if they stick to the gameplan of making THEIR music under THEIR circumstances that real hip hop will once again step to the forefront and The Roots will be on top.

I can hear the frustration on Quest's voice in his blogs and in the tone of his posts. I know I couldnt begin to put myself in The Roots' shoes, but I will always have them in my heart.

Keep BUYING (ill say it again) BUYING hip hop records that move you. Keep supporting the very people who break their backs, minds, and sometimes pockets to keep their music out in this great world of ours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!