Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectget back on some ''the tipping point'' shit.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=39059&mesg_id=39171
39171, get back on some ''the tipping point'' shit.
Posted by trouble man, Tue Dec-12-06 05:14 PM
i know i run the risk of getting screamed on by some of y'all, but please read me out. if i'm not mistaken, that album sold like 400k. that does NOT constitute a brick. it's only like 300k less than what ''phrenology'' sold. there were, what, two videos from ''ttp'',''don't say nuthin''' and ''star''. i saw ''nuthin''' a few times, but i swear i only saw ''star'' once. the point i'm making is that the numbers ''ttp'' did were respectable, given that they were back on geffen, a label they weren't on for the two albums that went gold,''things fall apart'' and ''phrenology''. get back to that style and sound, and dare i say it, get commercial on that ass. quest, y'all know erykah and jill. fuck it, do another ballad. as another okayplayer wrote, get al green to do something. shit, if d'angelo got on snoop's shit, get him on y'all's.
mind you, i BOUGHT ''game theory'' and on everything, that muthafucka is incredible, but i'm not your everyday fairweathered hip-hop fan. i can and do appreciate the artistic effort the roots put into that album, but now i think it's time to fall back a little bit on that and lighten the mood, which is where my ''ttp'' suggestion comes in.
y'all don't NEED outside producers, but if some tracks cross y'all ears, be they from whoever, use that shit. but y'all hold shit down nicely on your own.
my two cents.