Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: The Roots Need Rick Rubin
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=39059&mesg_id=39168
39168, RE: The Roots Need Rick Rubin
Posted by MU, Tue Dec-12-06 01:03 PM
i agree with what quest said about riq. he's a great mc and this is what he does better than a lot of "popular" rappers. it's just that he's not a front man. quest is really a frontman. it's quest who is most accessible to the fans. he's posting here, writting blogs, puting videos on youtube, doing interviews etc. it he wasn't doing all these things i think the roots wouldn't have so many fans.
but usually the singer is the front man of the band. so this is kind of confusing with the roots. i was just discussing this with my friends who were with me at the roots concert. i think if riq would put more effort into putting himself to the front it would help the success of the whole group. but as i understand he's not that kind of person and doesn't want to expose his personal shit to the public. there's nothing wrong with that if they all agree to work like that. to me, that makes the roots band even more special. i don't know what nubers they make but i think they're doing okay. they're not millionairs but i think they must earn some decent money touring.
just my opinion...