Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjecti understand your expenses, freal, but im sayin ...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=39059&mesg_id=39123
39123, i understand your expenses, freal, but im sayin ...
Posted by sweeneykovar, Mon Dec-11-06 11:53 AM
i dont understand what a big label does that cant be compensated by the freedom and financial opportunities in an indie (3-7 dollars a record).

if you werent on Def Jam would you have even less exposure? for example, the Dont Feel Right video was dope, but barely got played and now its on some MTVU status, you even said that you might get a pity video from Def Jam of barely 100K, and if that one gets made it would probably meet the same fate as the one before it, are you gonna get 100K worth of exposure off that video?

was all the work and debt that came from the 1st GT video worth it in terms of exposure and promotion, are you worth that much more in the touring market?

it just seems that you are stuck in a predicament where youre making a cake you cant have or eat. too big for an indie but not accessible enough for a major. i´m not tryina diss or be a dick but im just thinking there must be a way to get yall in a more comfortable position artistically and financially.