Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectbetween the three:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=39059&mesg_id=39071
39071, between the three:
Posted by Iltigo, Sun Dec-10-06 01:06 PM
rick would be the best seel to the press, but i soubt musically it would have that large of an impact.

you might want to try your other plan A from two years ago and work with john brion.

he pulled maturity out of kanye that i know he didnt have.

and it was all on the low.

in my opinion the worst thing you can do is have a big nae producer do the next record.

1: you are a control freak (more on this later)
2: you all make better music than those guys, it just doesn't sell
3: working with dre will never come off unless you are hov,

onto yopur control issues, you think you pessimism with turning over the reigns has something to do with you not wnating to let go of your baby. i mean, you've sadi before that you get beats fom people and rootify them up, but maybe, just maybe (and no diss to you) but maybe you shoudl fall back.

okay...i've noticed on records where you (meaning the production, sonic quality of the song) is more to the background, thought gets more shine. the main differecn between the live show and the record is that riq is the showpeace during the live show. on record you are. its almost like your battlin riq for more props on record. i mean you knwo riq is a monster, so you trun up you production notches to compete.

maybe im imagining things, but put riq with another producer and he blows people away....wth you, he's just another instrument in the band...

but hey i love anything you guys do, so i'll cop regardless...