Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectallow me to reintroduce myself
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=3891&mesg_id=3891
3891, allow me to reintroduce myself
Posted by qoolquest, Thu Apr-08-04 10:46 PM
facts you should know about the roots since y'all get amnesia whenever a new single comes out.

-we have been sampling since DYWM

so all this fantasy shit about us being in the room at the same time recording is just that. a fantasy. i loop and stack my drums sometimes. i may suppliment my drums with other drum noises, i may program them shits my delf, i may even just go with the sampled demoed version.

if shit bangs it bangs. and at the end of the day, shit has to bang.

-the roots are more than the actual members you see on stage

kelo, chaos, scott, tahir have all been making beats for us since the start. we may suppliment their beats if need be, we may re do whole jawn over---but at the end of the day. shit has to bang.

-since most of ya'll care about the live experience anyway---does it really matter HOW the music gets made?

i program shit just as convincing as i drum (im not known as a "beatmaker" because i know how to keep secrets. maybe one day we will take that --no homo-- details "asian or gay" test with roots songs and i guarantee you guys will never get a 100 on my test of "did i play this straight or loop myself?"

-sounding mainstream or sounding commercial is a crock of shit to me. just because the sound of today is incorporated in our work dosn't mean "we tryna sound mainstream"---but y'all cant play this "no one but us can play in our sandbox---get your own toys!!!!!" but for so long

i mean it is 2004 already.

we are not the same group.
and clearly we have made a career in
throwing yall for a loop.

not even excuses.....just a reminder of the group yall claim to know

any questions?