Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectman all im trynna do is have a conversation
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=38847&mesg_id=38893
38893, man all im trynna do is have a conversation
Posted by dba_BAD, Fri Sep-01-06 12:36 PM
u act as if im some sort of hyphy crusader, please show me 1 time where i even mentioned hyphy in this post. Please

The point of my post remains unchallenged.

I'll try and reclarify for those who need it

Hip hop is defined in two ways, both by the '4 elements' and by the oppressed nature of the people who created it.

All I'm asking is could it be true that hip hop, in its essence, has more to do with existing under the burden of oppression, and finding a way to flip it back to create something new original fun beautiful etc etc, and less to do with the actual 4 elements. Like, maybe the 4 elements were incedental, and the real spirit of hip hop lies in its nature of being a product of oppressed people manifesting new ways to elevate themselves.

if this is the case, then todays rap music could still be seen as hip hop, even though it relates less to the 4 elements than its predecesory form.

Please, if you need clarification just ask. You dont need to put words in my mouth or misinterperet me further.