Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Still hatin'
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=38758&mesg_id=38818
38818, RE: Still hatin'
Posted by 58, Tue May-30-06 01:39 AM
>First off The Roots are Black Thought and Questlove. If they
>both aren't in it, then it's not THE Roots.

didnt i say that? but what if black thought left, wouldnt it be then a collective of musicans lead by ?uestlove (mmm... post idea)

>Let's see-- you question a person’s WORTH on their own fucking
>message board and then get vexed when everyone isn't in your
>corner?

i never expected everyone to be in my corner (artist has too many dickriders to expect that), and i was only expecting a few to really want to seriously discuss i.e lazyboi and HV, they both disagree, but they dont disagree in a childish manner

>You hear a solo from a GUEST ARTIST and you question whether
>the guy who has been ON THE ROAD for 200+ days a year for the
>past 10 years is still a valuable asset to arguably the
>world's greatest hip-hop BAND??

people overtime can become dead weight, im not saying thats what Kamal is, but really im hoping for just to discuss kamal a little bit. another poster was interested in.

also i was talking about the live show, as far as song composition goes, i dunno, which is a factor that brings me to ask this question.

>You’re like Eddie Murphy, you've eaten so many Ritz Crackers
>you think you're now eating Saltines.
>
>Another quote from you : "then i realized that Kamal doesn't
>bring much to the table for live shows are concerned"
>
>Yes he is. If you doesn’t get YOUR dick hard every time then
>
>The shitty post you started this off with, and I quote, "Is
>Kamal really worth anything to The Roots anymore?"

im just saying that Kamal style of soloing doesnt fit into the style of the roots setlist. How many covers do you really need in a show? His style of soloing make the show redundant of covers, thats why imo, hes not bringing much to the table anymore.

>P.S. Anytime you start something off with "(no hate, serious
>discussion here)" it's saying shit like 'Not to be racist,
>BUT...." and then getting mad when people say you have a
>sick-mind-of-Mencia.

>P.P.S "p.s. grow up just because somebody disagreed with you
>and start callin people names" <-Stuckey Mack
>

that "no hate.... discussion here" was more for of disclaimer for saying that im not blindly hating on kamal, but im just evaluating his merits in an unbiased way. if you continue on all childish im just going to take your agrument as void and immature

as far for me having 12k+ post, if you were struck at a university from 11am to 8pm with no where to go and only a few classes inbetween and also post on other boards heres and also have a job at a bar where you do nothing for hours except to "watch" the bathroom you would rank up a high post count too. as far this "58" login goes, i been meaning to switch to this username for a while (ask HV, he might remember the story)